Shan Punjabi Yakhni Pilau Mix helps you recreate the authentic traditional taste of Yakhni Pilau which is the true legacy of Punjabi cuisine.
Also Known As Akhni or Akhnee Pulav
Or Gosh Pulao
|% Daily Value*|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
- Black Pepper
- Brown Cardamom
- Green Cardamom
- Bay Leaf
- Red Chilli
- Citric Acid
- Hydrolyzed Soy Protein
- Dried Papaya Powder
- May contain traces of Sulphite
- Gluten and Tree Nuts
STEPS OF COOKING
- In 7 cups of water add meat, garlic, ginger and Shan Punjabi Yakhni Pilau Mix. Cover and boil on low heat until the meat is completely tender and soft.
- Then remove the meat from the stock. Measure the stock and make it exactly equal to 6 full tea cups. If the stock is less add water, if it is more, then boil to evaporate it. Sieve the stock, remove and discard the whole spices.
- In hot ghee/oil fry onions until very light golden. Then add meat and stock. Bring to boil.
- Drain the soaked rice thoroughly and stir it into the boiling meat and stock.
- Cover tightly and cook undisturbed on low heat for exactly 20 minutes. Remove from heat and mix the pilau.